Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bagan Lalang, Run, Shoes, Camera and Watermelon

I'm alive! After a long one month worth of hiatus, here I am, posting some updates. 5 of them actually. So let's get rolling:

Updates #1 Bagan Lalang
Over the weekend on the mid of April, my friends and I headed to Bagan Lalang or the Malaysian Gold Coast. No idea why it's even called Gold Coast to begin with but the trip was for the Energizer Night Run 2011 (will be cover in the next update), seafoods, and

THIS!
Project 52 / 6 - Sunset at Bagan Lalang


Updates #2 Energizer Night Run 2011
This is by far the most unsatisfying run I've ever join. The organizers were badly organize, the event was messy, no signage of where to go what to do, the marshals were as confused as I am, no headlamp as promised and no goodies bag too. Worst of all, I officially become an illegal immigrant for the day as I lost my IC that day. Funny part is there are people shouting "Duracell, Duracell, Duracell" in an Energizer event. All and all, I do enjoy the run on the Sepang International Circuit and the main sponsor, Energizer agreed to refund our participation fees and also goodies bag for all runners. I guess it ended well. Thumbs up for Energizer for taking up responsibility.

Updates #3 Shoes
New shoes for me. Let the pictures do the talking.

Project 52 / 7 #1

Project 52 / 7 #2

Updates #4 Camera
Another camera into my list and this time is the Olympus 35 RC. 

Project 52 / 8

Updates #5 Watermelon
Finally, the last update for the day... Phew. Been a hot week last week and one of the best way to quench your thirst is with watermelon. Here's a guide on how to choose the right watermelon from your local fruit stall. *Note: I got all these info from various source on the internet. Followed them and I get a nice watermelon not the sweetest that I can get, but it's pretty decent. Here we go:

  -  Get one with a big creamy yellow spot on the fruit. This shows that the watermelon has been sitting on the ground for some time for it be be ripe enough and not one of those early plucked ones.
  -  Lift it up. Watermelon is made out of 92 percent water, it will be relatively heavy for its size and you would want a juicy one.
  -  A ripe watermelon will be in dark green color. 
  -  Tap it a few times. It should give a good deep "thump" sound 
  -  Avoid those with soft spots. These are the starting signs for it to turn bad.

Project 52 / 9

DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment